Monday, March 12, 2012

Mario Object



Andrew Kim
Music Appreciation
Period 5

           My mario character is the smiling cloud. The materials I will use to construct this object wil be white foam boards, cushion pullows, and maybe some styrofoam. Because my metaphor will be the Loyola campus, I will draw out bricks in my cloud. The bricks are suppose to remind someone of the bricks of Loyola, making the metaphor obvious.  After constructing the cloud, I will hang it up so it looks like a real cloud, enabling a person to experience and see the stuff Mario would see in a 3-dimensional world.
          The metaphor for my cloud wil be the school campus, specifically Loyola Hall. In Mario, the cloud is always happy. It doesn't really do anything for you, but it is always there to support you. The cloud is just a part of the environment. It smiles so it is always suportive of your moves. Just like how the school campus supports the student and gives him the basics to succeed. Even though the campus is there for you it doesn't mean that it will help you. Like Mario, the cloud doesn't help you. You have to bea the level yourself. 
         The sound my object will make is the background song in the mario game. The cloud is a piece of the environment, and thus the background music goes well with the concept of my object.



No comments:

Post a Comment